- Income Support, or
- Income-Based Jobseekers Allowance, or
- Guaranteed Pension Credit, or
- Child Tax Credit with a total annual taxable income of less than £16,190 and are NOT receiving Working Tax Credit, or
- Have successfully obtained asylum status, or
- People who claim Income-related Employment and Support Allowance.
- Grants for school uniforms are no longer available. If you are a foster carer, and receiving a fostering allowance, you are not eligible to claim free school meals for those children you are fostering.
To apply for Free School Meals you can either complete the link below or fill in the Free School Meal Consent Form. When the for has been filled in please return to the school office
If your child is absent from school please there are number of ways you can inform school. You can:
- telephone the school office on 0151 677 8438 opt 1 and leave a voicemail
- email our attendance officer (Mr Gregson) at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Come to the school office in person and inform staff.
At St Peter's and across most schools good attendance is classed as above 95%.
Every child at St Peter’s Catholic Primary matters. The most important factor contributing to pupil success at our school is regular attendance. The link between attendance and attainment is firmly established. Pupils who attend school regularly achieve more, have stronger friendships with peers and are happier in school. Regular attendance at school is essential if students are to achieve their full potential. We therefore ask parents to work with School as co educators to promote the value of good attendance and punctuality.
Leave of Absence for Pupils.
As a result of legislative change in September 2013, leave of absence for pupils can only be authorised by the Head Teacher in exceptional circumstances. If leave of absence is required for an exceptional reason, Parents and carers must obtain permission from the Head Teacher prior to the absence. Failure to do so may lead to the absence being unauthorised and a fixed penalty notice being issued.
Parents should not take their children on holiday during term time.
All requests for leave of absence should be made using the Application for Leave of Absence Appendix 3.